Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Socks Make a Difference (02/02/10)

I tried something new for my walk today. I walked the mile to my son's school to pick him up, had to stop and sit for about 5 minutes and then walked the mile back. Once I was home, I left the kids with my hubby and then headed out again. I found that having those two small breaks made a very large difference in how I felt by the end. I probably would have tried to break the 5 mile barrier today, except for two things. 1) I forgot to put on my "walking socks" and wore regular cotton ones. By the time I got home, I was feeling like there was a blister waiting to form on my right baby toe. 2) I remembered that I have tap class tonight and decided to try to save some of my energy for that. I will not forget my walking socks again!

Fundraising: Total: $2,005.00
Training: 4.3 miles, 1 hour 30 minutes, 1 hour of tap class
Total miles to date: 38.8

No comments:

Post a Comment