Wednesday, February 10, 2010

One Month and Above and Beyond (02/10/10)

One month ago today, I made a huge commitment. I signed up to do this 60-mile walk. I never in my wildest dreams believed that I would be within $95 of the $2,300.00 I needed to be able to participate in the walk in just a single month. (I got an email from a friend that a paper check for $100 has been sent in, which will put me at $2,205.00 once it hits my account). I am humbled by all of my supporters. All I'm doing is walking. It brings tears to my eyes how easy the first part of this fundraising has been.

I am not stopping at the minimum, however. Anyone who knows me, knows that I rarely, if ever, do anything without going above and beyond the minimum requirement. I'm looking at business sponsorship, maybe a giant yard-sale, perhaps some jewelry making and a few other things to continue to raise as much as I possibly can for this cause.

I started gently back into walking today after having taken off 3 days (although yesterday, I did go to my tap class, so that can count as a cross-training day). I walked to and from my son's school when picking him up. My foot did not give me more than a single twinge during the entire walk, so I'm pretty pleased about that. I didn't go far, but it felt good to be back out there and walking again.

Fundraising: $50.00 Total: $2,105.00
Training: 2.4 miles in 55 minutes
Total miles to date: 51.0

No comments:

Post a Comment