Monday, February 1, 2010

A Day of Rest (01/15/10)

After a terrible night sleep (maybe 5 hours) and a very busy day, I decided to give myself a day off from training today. I know I just started, but that is part of why I decided not to push myself too hard. I'm not in good shape, so I need to go slow here at the beginning and listen to my body. I'm very glad that I have lots of time to train for this. It's not going to be easy. I picked up a hydration pack, so I've got the water issue sorted out for now.

I had my first moment of doubt today. That "what have I signed myself up for?" feeling. I know this walk *is* what I'm supposed to be doing, so I just talked a bit with Frank. He's so awesome and so supportive.

I sent out my first round of fundraising emails today and once again I am amazed by the response I've gotten so far. Today was a true milestone as I met and exceeded the half-way mark to my goal of $3,000. All I can say is that I have the most amazing friends and family. I am humbled by everyone's generosity and I promise to work hard to live up to your support.

Fundraising: $615.00 for a total of $1,605.00
Training: Day off
Total miles to date: 3.7

No comments:

Post a Comment