Sunday, August 1, 2010

16 Weeks Out

So I was hoping that I'd be able to start up normally with the 16 week training program and it's not looking like that is going to happen.  I did a 3.6 mile training walk yesterday and didn't have any pain during the walk.  However, later in the day, my heel started bothering me.  I iced and stretched and did everything I should.  This morning it felt better, so I decided to see if I could do a short walk.  I made just over two miles when it started hurting (and luckily I was near home) so I cut it short and headed home.  I'm going to probably spend a lot of time with ice on my foot today, and I may need to think about getting a custom orthotic.  I'm not thrilled about the cost, but if that's what it takes, then I'm willing to try it.

Time to go back to lots of swimming and bicycling for a bit.  I'm not a happy camper, but I'm trying to stay positive.  I don't want to make the injury flare up again, so here I am.  Wishing I had better news to share with you all, but this is what it is.

(8/1/10)
Training: 2.2 miles in 48 minutes
Total miles to date: 235.2 miles

(7/31/10)
Training: 3.6 miles in 1 hour 8 minutes
Total miles to date: 233 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment