Sunday, August 29, 2010

12 Weeks Out

I'm still not able to walk distances without pain.  I have an appointment to see a new doctor, and am hoping to get a referral to a podiatrist so we can try to see if a custom orthotic will help matters.  I'll report more once I've seen her.  (If you want to remind yourself why I'm switching docs, see my previous post about it here.)

Andy, Margie & Joanne at the S.D. Preview Expo
I also managed to get down to the San Deigo Preview Expo in mid August.  That was a ton of fun.  I got to meet up with my old High School buddy, Andrea, who walked last year and was instrumental in getting me to sign up this year.  My team-mate, a girlfriend I know from my dancing days, Joanne, also managed to make it down.  There were plenty of people to answer questions we had, awesome exhibits, and some very useful workshops.  I left feeling pretty positive and re-energized about the walk.

I still struggle with finding my enthusiasm while I'm not walking.  I am, of course, continuing to work out in the pool and on the stationary bike.  I'm hoping that getting in to see the new doctor will help me to get back out on the road, and even if I don't quite catch up on the training schedule, I'll be able to reignite my enthusiasm and passion.



No comments:

Post a Comment