Friday, November 25, 2011

Horray for Fantastic News!

I finally got the official word in the mail today that my diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound came back normal.  I cannot tell you what a relief that is.  Thank you so much to all of you who have supported me while I waited to hear what was next.  I'm glad to know that what is next involves nothing more than a routine mammogram next year.

I survived the 2011 3-Day Walk with flying colors.  I am working up a write up of the event, but the highlights are as follows, my teammate Nancy, Rocks!!!  She outwalked me and made it possible for me to do more than I could have done alone.

I walked a total of 51.8 miles.  I swept 2.2 miles on Day 2 and then we took the SAG bus after lunch on Day 2 back to camp, skipping the last 6 miles that day.  The other two days, we both walked all the mileage!!!

I did not get as emotionally drained this year, nor was I as physically exhausted after the event, which was nice.  I was able to pretty much return to my regular routine when I got home.

I'm already getting donations for the 2012 walk!!!  Yup, I'm signed up for a third year and you can help me get there by donating now at http://www.the3day.org/goto/margie_dowens and clicking on the bright pink "Donate to Margie in 2012" button on the left hand side of the screen.  I am so grateful for each and every one of you who support my walks financially and who support me with your kind words and encouragement.

(11/15/11) Fundraising 2012: $35, Total: $295.00
(11/14/11) Fundraising 2012: $60, Total: $260.00
(10/21/11) First Donation to 2012 walk: $200.00, Total: $200.00

No comments:

Post a Comment