Friday, June 18, 2010

22 Weeks Out

This has been a good week.  With the blessing of my physical therapist, I did a short walk, and there was pain, but not too bad at all.  Physical Therapy continues to improve my foot and I'm hoping that I might not be too far off from being pain free.  I just don't know.  I also officially joined our local gym and started working out in the pool.  Did an entire hour of swimming laps on Thursday and another half hour today.  It felt good and I could have gone longer both times. 

It's hard to read about the miles I should be logging walking when I get my training email every Friday.  I WANT to be out there with the rest of you, but I know this is the path I must take.  Patience, patience and more patience.  No sense getting back out there before I'm ready and ending up taking steps backwards.  Moving forward, however slowly, is my goal.

(06/18/10)
Training: 30 minutes of swimming

(06/17/10)
Training: 1 hour of swimming

(06/16/10)
Training: 0.9 miles in 13 minutes
Total miles to date: 226.4

2 comments:

  1. At least you got back out there! You'll be racking up the miles in no time!

    ~ Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristen! I'm probably going to try another short walk today!

    ReplyDelete