Thursday, March 17, 2011

Why am I Walking?

I will be walking another 60 miles this year!

Why am I walking? And why in the world would I walk 60 miles in just 3 days?

*Because my mom is a breast cancer survivor and I cannot begin to express how much it means to me that she beat this disease and is still with us to enjoy her grandkids.

*Because 1 in 8 women will get breast cancer in their lifetime.
*Because every 69 seconds, someone, somewhere in the world, dies of breast cancer.
*Because the two biggest predictors of whether a particular person will get breast cancer are being female and aging.
*Because men do get breast cancer too!
*Because I want to spare the families and friends of all those women and men the tough road of having a loved one with breast cancer.
*Because my mom is more likely to face breast cancer again because she has already had it.
*Because my own risk of getting breast cancer is greater because my mom has had it.

*Because I want to live in a world where my daughter and my son do not have to worry about getting breast cancer or watching people they love struggle with breast cancer.

But I cannot get there, I cannot walk, and we cannot find a cure for this disease without your help.

Please take a moment today to donate to my walk, to help find a cure and to save lives.

Do it now, while you're thinking about it!

Thank you! Your support is greatly appreciated!
Margie Dowens
-----------------------------
You can donate by going to http://www.the3day.org/goto/margie_dowens and clicking on the bright pink "Donate to Margie in 2011" button on the left side of the screen and donate using a credit or debit card.

If you prefer to write a check you can download my donation form and the instructions for sending in a check at http://www.the3day.org/site/TRGiftForm?fr_id=1627&px=3268870

(3/17/11)
Fundraising: $145 Total: $500

(3/13/11)
Training: 5.9 miles in 2 hours 1 minute
Total miles walked this year: 47.2

No comments:

Post a Comment