Friday, March 5, 2010

Life is Fragile (03/05/10)

I found out today that a friend of mine passed away at the beginning of this week. She was my age and I knew her from High School. We'd lost touch over the years and in the last year found each other again on Facebook. It was a joy to catch up with her. I don't have the details on what happened or what she died from yet, but it certainly came as a shock and a blow and I am planning to attend her funeral tomorrow. During my walk today, I spent a good deal of time remembering her, wiping tears away and sending positive thoughts and prayers to her family and friends.

The years that we spent apart did not diminish my love for Angelissa. She had a kind and giving spirit and we both shared a passion for music. I fondly remember listening to her play the piano at school or at my house when we were teens. I remember her singing and her beautiful smile. I know that her spirit is still making music somewhere.

Life is fragile. She died far too young. Give someone you love and care about a big hug, a kind word and a kind deed. We never know how long we have.

Fundraising: Total: $2,440.00
Training: 3.8 miles in 1 hour 30 min
Total miles to date: 109.4

No comments:

Post a Comment